Friday, January 09, 2009

Can Ohio winter weather get any weirder??

They have this weather phenomenon here in Central Ohio that they call a Wintry Mix. Basically, it means you're screwed. Take the worst possible winter precipitations such as ice, snow, freezing rain, sleet, snow on top of ice, ice on top of snow, etc. and throw it at us for both the morning and evening commute and you have it: the Wintry Mix.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I checked the DUATS forecast for tomorrow, myself being the eternal optimist and hoping that I might do some flying over the weekend. Here it is, in all of its Wintry glory:

wind 070° at 10 knots, visibility 1/2 mile, snow, freezing fog, 500 feet overcast.

Are you effing kidding me?? Freezing Fog??!?!?!? [holding_head_in_hands]What will they think of next?[/holding_head_in_hands]

I soooo need to move to New Mexico. They get snow there, of course, but snow in infinitely preferable to the Wintry Mix.

Looks like another weekend of cleaning the basement...



Really, I can hardly wait. Doesn't that look like wonderful fun??

No comments:

Post a Comment