Friday, July 30, 2010

Oshkosh 2010 - Day 5

Well, it's all over except for the drive home. Egg had her last day in the booth and I walked around looking at war birds before heading over to hangar B to finish my interview with the guy at the SimCraft booth. I'll be putting together an article about their product when I get back home - it's a fascinating gadget they've got and I'm going to enjoy writing it up.

We're back in the hotel room now resting up for our drive home. We'll hit the road at about 3 am - the secret to Chicago traffic is to get through there at 5:30 am.

There's not much else to say, so it's just going to be pictures today.

First, the Spitfire. I waited and waited to get that picture; there was a guy leaning into the cockpit either memorizing each and every knob or having a prolonged Walter Mitty moment. You won't believe this, but I just stood there patiently waiting while he did whatever he was doing. I wasn't in any hurry; by the fifth day at Oshkosh I've done pretty much everything I can think of to do.








Next is a TBM:






And a Tiger Moth:










No comments:

Post a Comment