Saturday, February 05, 2011

I remember when...

... I used to be a pilot.

This has to have been one of the worst winters ever for bad flying weather, although I do recognize that I probably say that every year. It has been gray, gray, gray.

It looked like Friday afternoon might be nice enough for a set of touch & goes, but that idea was mooted by the sheet of ice in front of the hangar. The airport maintenance folks had been up and down the taxiway in front of the hangar with one of the big brush trucks they use on the runway, but that had the not-so-great result of simply burnishing the ice to a rink-quality sheen.

Except, of course, for the ice wall. That was still there and every bit as insurmountable as ever. It doesn't look like much, but you have to remember that I'd have to push the airplane over it with only the grip my feet could get in the shiny ice to act as a fulcrum.

Not likely to work, that.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.

    Aircraft Tug for Sale

    ReplyDelete