Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fall Colors

The bad thing about Fall is that it is the precursor to Winter. The good thing about it, though, is days like today. A deep azure sky, comfortable temps, and smooth air. Well, it wasn't all that smooth today, but that's ok. I took the RV down to Highland Co. (KHOC) to get some gas, and while I was there took a walk down by the lake.

I like to take the camera with me when I go down there since it's such a nice area. Here are some of the snaps I took today:

Turning downwind, runway 23:


Turning left base:


Parked on the ramp:


Out the window:


Trees and such:


I call this one "The Optimist":








Heading home:




While I only flew 70 miles or so, by the time you add in the walk and the time spent visiting with airport buddies, it was a 4 1/2 hour trip. As they say: Time to spare? Go by air!

No comments:

Post a Comment