Saturday, October 13, 2007

Photo Op

Just minutes in the air this morning, just long enough to get a new air-to-air shot:



The rest of the day was spent working on the kayak, despite the wonderful weather outside. I've been delaying putting on the top layer of glass for a few weeks, knowing full well that it was going to be a lengthy, messy job. And it was. I'll add another coat of epoxy to it tomorrow to fill in the weave a bit, then post a picture.

Somewhat disconcertingly, this was the last major application of the fiberglass cloth, and I've been paranoid all along about running out after seeing a builder's blog for the exact same boat complain of coming up short despite being very careful not to waste any. The disconcerting part comes from the fact that I had a ton left over. I can't imagine where I could have missed putting cloth on any parts of the boat. All I can figure is that I've been even more frugal than that other guy was. I guess I'll find out eventually when I put the thing in the water for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment