Saturday, May 17, 2008

Enhanced Weather-out-the-Window?

Sometimes the Weather-out-the-Window(tm) forecast doesn't give the entire picture. Today, for example, looked pretty nice. But out of an excess of caution, I decided to deploy a secondary predictive device to garner a bit more detail. One can't be too careful, you know. I therefore deployed the Weather-on-Hogarth's-butt(patent pending) sensor:



Analysis of this precision instrument is more of an art than it is a science, and depending on whether or not other dogs, rodents, or pizza delivery drivers are in the cone of detection, there can be false-positive indications present. I, however, have mastered the reading of the raised-hair indicator and was confident in my analysis: it's windy today.

No flying, what with the wind only forecast by the professionals to get increasingly strong throughout the day, but I had hoped that plan B would be effective. The idea was that if I couldn't fly, I could at least take the kayak down the river. Temps in the low 60's made that idea unattractive as well. I have to say, the weather thus far this has been quite disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment