Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My next airplane might be.... a car!

As many of you are aware, a lot of the places that I fly to are selected based on the availability of local transportation or attractions within walking distance of the airport. Sure, now and then I can score the usage of a "courtesy car" or crew van, but it isn't a good idea to count on that.

Of course, I'm old enough to have spent decades fruitlessly waiting on the boffins to deliver on their promises of jet packs and flying cars, so I had pretty much given up on ever seeing either of those futuristic conveyances. But this one, well, it looks ever so plausible that I find myself thinking that maybe, just maybe, I will live long enough to see the idea of a flyable/drivable vehicle come to fruition:



There are far more details available here.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with this car/airplane as much as I did with Segway (I am truly impressed with the technology). On an other note, I would not buy GM stock after they are rescued by feds again. Have you seen the two seat Segway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Segway. It doesn't fit our needs here in the wide-open spaces of the midwest, but it would make sense in some of the larger cities. Assuming, that is, that it has heat.

    ReplyDelete