Saturday, December 01, 2007

Brace yourselves!

I'm going to mount the foot braces in the kayak today:

(Blogger is acting the fool today, and has seemingly unilaterally decided that "click on the picture" no longer means "show me the bigger version here in the browser," but now means "download the photo and open it into some application that you must choose." Sorry for any inconvenience, blah, blah, blah.)



I had to sit in it to test fit the location for them. The Shearwater is long enough for people over 6' 3" tall, and I'm nowhere near that. The braces have a 12" range, so I don't have to be overly precise, but it seemed a good idea to at least get them in the general range of where I want them. Ok, you're not buying that, are you? We all know I just wanted to sit in the thing and pretend to be paddling down the Big Darby. Hey, at least I didn't make engine noises like some people I can think of!

Co-pilot Egg's response to these pictures:





was "Pretty boat, funny face."

Sad news awaits her when she learns that funny faces are genetic!

Note the rolled up carpet "training wheels." I don't know how I'm going to get in and out of this thing when it's supported only by water!

1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful.

    It is going to be a bummer the first time you scrape it up on a rock. I guess there are probably provisions for redressing it when the time comes, though.

    ReplyDelete