Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our friends, the birds

I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days. A flu-like malaise, basically, that makes the long hours trapped in the office a waking nightmare. Work is work and can't really be avoided recently; commitments and deadlines and all of that.

But along about noon there was a gap in the schedule. No appetite for food, but I thought it might be nice to at least get some fresh air. We're only a few miles from one of our local reservoirs, and there is a little parking lot right by the flow off from the dam. Top down in the Kiata, relaxing with my head against the headrest, eyes closed to better enjoy the soothing sounnds of the water running off of the dam...

SPLAT!

I guess I should have considered what an attractive target my upturned face was to the circling birds.

Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment